New Brand - What's the Meaning of this Blog?

I've needed to revitalize this blog for awhile. I'm doing this now because writing is one of my primary modes of communication, reflection and processing. I'm also doing this at the advice of some on Facebook who think a blog would be helpful to me. As my Facebook friends know, I like to tackle hard topics, and I want a better outlet to do that. I want a platform where I can, as honestly and clearly as possible, voice my journey, thoughts and experiences.

What does the address and name of the blog mean:

  • onepilgrimvoice.blogspot.com: "One Pilgrim Voice": this is the address to the blog. My goal for this blog is to be a voice of relevance in the midst of culture and current events. I want it to be a relevant and strong voice, that is part of current dialogue, that is, one voice in contrast to being the only voice. I want it to hit home as a legitimate voice that is worth one's time, but not the only voice filling it's own echo chamber. Dialogue includes the voices of many others.

  • We refer to a "voice" not as simply someone only talking, but as someone carrying truth with some authority, integrity, and sense of authentication.

  • The "Pilgrim" portion of the web address speaks to the nature of the voice that I want to present through this blog. A pilgrim is journeying to a sure and true destination. While the pilgrim is in process, and doesn't know it all, they do have confidence in where they're going and the fact that one day, they'll arrive. I want this voice to simultaneously reflect the issue of process (this blog won't claim to know everything or be the last word on anything) with the confidence of the journey and destination (lending to the degree of authority and confidence that it carries in the commentary and messages).

  • Voicing Heaven in Earth's Language: Make no mistake, anything one voices should be towards realizing Truth. Heaven is the place where Truth ultimately sits and reigns without contest. I want to voice heaven, but do so in a highly accessible and relevant way - Earth's language.


Mission: provide a safe forum for challenging the status quo, provoking critical thought and reflection, addressing current events and culture, and voicing heaven on earth as one pilgrim among others on the life journey toward Truth.


  • Depth: Critical Commentary, Reflection and Thought for Everyday People

  • Safe: All are freely welcome to voice their thoughts, challenge the thoughts recorded and to do so with total acceptance and no personal judgment. Seek to speak intelligently and thoughtfully.

  • Truth: the search for truth inherently includes the judgment of ideas, and thus well-informed judgment of ideas will be a part of this forum

  • Relevance: Emphasis on Immediate, Relevant topics of current events, current interest, and culture.

  • Some values of this blog that reflect the mission: 1) Fearless Inquiry 2) Pursuit of Unbiased, Unfiltered Truth, 3) Forum of Personal Respect, 4) Freedom to Disagree, 5) Immediacy and Relevance to Current Events and Culture in a format that the widest berth of people can read and think about, 6) Deep Reflection accessible to All.

What do you say? Will some of you join me on this bold journey?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Foundation of Investing

Contending Prayer

Word on the Journey 2.1